Question, who won the band festivals this year (Lonesome Pine and McChesney?)
Never saw anything posted on it.
Is just amazing. Great band and amazing drum line. What a show they put on last night at Halftime of the Burton game
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
Question, who won the band festivals this year (Lonesome Pine and McChesney?)
Never saw anything posted on it.
Go Wahoos!
Go Mounties!
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]
Sullivan South won at McChesney, Richlands won in the Lonesome Pine Festival, and Abingdon won USSBA festival at UVA-Wise.
whoa what the heck is Sullivan South doing at McChesney, are they trying to pull in some bigger bands there now?
Go Wahoos!
Go Mounties!
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]
More bands have been coming to it.
PV band director, Mr. Wharton, told me while I was in that Abingdon would be there. And he also said South would be (obviously). Castlewood got their band started back up and came. All the Scott Co. Bands were there but Gate City just performed for comments from what I was told.
I had heard that PV hadn't been performing well at football games. I don't know whether or not that is true. It may be. But when I came in during the weekend of Lonesome Pine I saw them and I must say I was proud of them. They were in a class with Burton. Yes Burton won the class but PV still didn't do too bad. Maybe they're finally focusing on how THEY perform instead of worrying about beating other bands. They got a superior rating though.
Now for the past few years Gate City's band has sounded really well but just like Powell Valley their marching has needed work. I haven't seend the Blue Devils at all this year but they may have worked on the marching. A friend of mine in GC's band said that they had been getting better and I believe it.
You should see 2 bands from Lexington: Dunbar who has 184 and Lafayette who has 210. I saw them at the Kentucky Marching Band State Finals at WKU last night and all I have to say is amazing.
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
I'm glad to see band's been getting better in the region for that matter.
I can't wait to watch DCI on tv during Thanksgiving haha!
Of course I'm usually the only person in the room who wants to watch it.
Go Wahoos!
Go Mounties!
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]
one thing about the band though is that they dont really play alot during the game. i've told them all year to play more but they never have. i was hoping that they could get the crowd pumped up and stuff.
I haven't seen a HS game in about 4 years but just wondering, is the band still playing the same crappy stand songs like born to be wild or we will rock you (although final countdown was a good addition at burton).
Seriously the talent is there, we could come up with some better stuff to play all across the county and in norton. I can't think of the name now, but most SEC school songs and WVU also plays it - it's this really imposing song from war of the planets or something like that.
Go Wahoos!
Go Mounties!
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]
Maybe Star Wars is what you're thinking, the Imperial March?
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
nope, definitely not star wars, burton plays that too
this one sounds even more imposing
Go Wahoos!
Go Mounties!
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]
Bookmarks